Al Waha Capital PJSC
United Arab Emirates
Report on the consolidated financial statements
We have audited the accompanying consolidated financial statements of Al Waha Capital PJSC (the “Company”) and its subsidiaries (together referred to as the “Group”), which comprise the consolidated statement of financial position as at 31 December 2015 and the consolidated statement of profit or loss, consolidated statement of profit or loss and other comprehensive income, consolidated statement of changes in equity and consolidated statement of cash flows for the year then ended, and a summary of significant accounting policies and other explanatory information.
Management’s responsibility for the consolidated financial statements
Management is responsible for the preparation and fair presentation of these consolidated financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards and its preparation in compliance with the applicable provisions of the UAE Federal Law No. (2) of 2015 and for such internal control as management determines is necessary to enable the preparation of consolidated financial statements that are free from material misstatement, whether due to fraud or error.
Our responsibility is to express an opinion on these consolidated financial statements based on our audit. We conducted our audit in accordance with International Standards on Auditing. Those standards require that we comply with ethical requirements and plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether the consolidated financial statements are free from material misstatement.
An audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the amounts and disclosures in the consolidated financial statements. The procedures selected depend on our judgment, including the assessment of the risks of material misstatement of the consolidated financial statements, whether due to fraud or error. In making those risk assessments, we consider internal control relevant to the entity’s preparation and fair presentation of the consolidated financial statements in order to design audit procedures that are appropriate in the circumstances, but not for the purpose of expressing an opinion on the effectiveness of the entity’s internal control. An audit also includes evaluating the appropriateness of accounting policies used and the reasonableness of accounting estimates made by management, as well as evaluating the overall presentation of the consolidated financial statements.
We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate to provide a basis for our audit opinion.
In our opinion, the consolidated financial statements present fairly, in all material respects, the consolidated financial position of the Group as at 31 December 2015, and its financial performance and its cash flows for the year then ended in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
Report on other legal and regulatory requirements
Further, as required by the UAE Federal Law No. (2) of 2015, we report that:
- we have obtained all the information we considered necessary for the purposes of our audit;
- the consolidated financial statements have been prepared and comply, in all material respects, with the applicable provisions of the UAE Federal Law No.(2) of 2015;
- the Group has maintained proper books of account;
- the financial information included in the report of the Chairman is consistent with the books of account of the Group;
- note 12 to the consolidated financial statements the Group discloses purchased or invested in shares during the financial year ended 31 December 2015;
- note 23 to the consolidated financial statements discloses material related party transactions and balances, the terms under which they were conducted and principles of managing conflict of interests;
- based on the information that has been made available to us nothing has come to our attention which causes us to believe that the Group has contravened during the financial year ended 31 December 2015 any of the applicable provisions of the UAE Federal Law No. (2) of 2015 or in respect of the company, its Articles of Association which would materially affect its activities or its financial position as at 31 December 2015; and
- note 21 to the consolidated financial statements discloses the social contributions made during the financial year ended 31 December 2015.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.)
Georges F. Najem
Registration No. 809
25 February 2016